Marriage Licenses

Fee: The fee is $60.00 to obtain a license in Arkansas. Certified copies may be purchased for $5.00 each. Our office does accept checks, cash or credit card payments. Do NOT send cash or money orders in the mail. You must come to the courthouse to pay for the license:

Eastern Jurisdiction

210 West Church Street
Berryville, AR 72616
(8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday)
(870) 423-2022
Western Jurisdiction

44 South Main - PO Box 109
Eureka Springs, AR. 72632
(8:30 am - 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday)
(9:00 am - 1:00 pm, Saturday)
(479) 253-8646

License must be returned, used or unused, within 60 days for recording or a $100 bond will be executed against all applicants.

Requirements: A couple desiring to enter into a ceremonial marriage must obtain a marriage license from the county clerk of any county of this state. Both parties MUST be present to obtain a marriage license. A Power of Attorney in NOT acceptable under any circumstance.

Eligibility (age based):

  • Applicants must be 18 years or older to contract for a license in Arkansas without parental consent.
  • Males, age 17; Females, age 17; may be married with parental consent. Both parents must come in to sign marriage book with applicants when license is issued. If only one parent is able to sign (thru divorce, separation, death, etc.), please call our office for further details.
  • Marriages are prohibited for males under 17 and females under 17 unless the female is pregnant. For further information on requirements, call our office at (870) 423-2022.
  • Judicial approval is required for anyone under the age of 16 to marry. Individuals who are 16 and 17 must have judicial approval or parental consent.

Documentation: A valid form of photo identification, such as a driver's license, U.S. passport, or military identification is required. Both parties must know their social security number, but a physical social security card is not required.

Under AR Code 9-11-205 the county clerk shall verify the age of both parties and may treat birth certificates as prima facie proof of age. The birth certificate will need to be a certified copy with the raised seal and does not take the place of the social security number and valid photo ID.

Blood Tests: Blood test or health certificates are not required to obtain a license.

Time Limitations: There are no time limitations or waiting periods. Once application is processed, you will receive your license.

License Use:

  • License must be returned, used or unused, within 60 days for recording or a $100 bond will be executed against all applicants for license.
  • License may be used immediately or within the 60 days time limit. There is no waiting period required in Arkansas after a divorce is final.
  • No witnesses required

Officiant: The minister’s credential must be recorded with a County Clerk’s Office in the State of Arkansas prior to a wedding ceremony.

  • We accept requests either by phone, mail, or email.
  • We will need to know the following information:
    • Bride's Name (including maiden name)
    • Groom's name
    • Date of marriage (or as close as you can remember!)
    • Where the license was obtained (i.e. Eureka Springs (Western District) or Berryville (Eastern District))
  • By mail:
    • Check or money order made out to:
      Carroll County Clerk
    • Fee is $7.00 per certified copy.
    • Do NOT mail cash!
    • Currently, due to the volume of marriage inquiries, the Eureka Springs office prefers that your requests be made through the mail.
  • By phone:
    (Please refer to the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of the page.)
    • Please have your credit card information available.
    • There will be a processing fee added to the credit card of 3%.
    • We will charge for shipping and handling (i.e. postage).
  • By email:
    (Please refer to the "Contact Us" section at the bottom of the page.)